Growing up and getting along
By second grade, students have gained a sense of independence and self-awareness and are ready to start solving problems on their own. Teachers use the research-based Second Step lessons and accompanying games, videos, and daily activities to teach students skills—such as how to avoid assumptions, pay attention and listen, finish tasks, and show compassion—that can lead to gains in confidence and school success.
Second Step lessons for Year 2 build on students’ K–1 skills, including skills for learning. Students hone their ability to pay attention, listen, and ignore distractions. They also learn how to respond to others with empathy, calm down, manage strong feelings, and solve problems.
The lessons are brought to life by stories filled with situations your students encounter on a daily basis during the school year, from navigating the play ground to taking tests. Five-minute Daily Practice activities and Home Links reinforce skills in class and at home.
For schoolwide implementation, we recommend one kit per classroom.
Second Step Year 2 Kit
Each Second Step Year 2 classroom kit includes:
- 22 scripted Lesson
- 4 colorful classroom posters
- 4 Skills for Learning Cards
- Digital Resouces
- Sing and Step music
- 22 Following Through activites
- 11 Home Link activities
- 2 student handouts
Online when you register your kit:
- Lesson streaming media and digital lesson script
- Easy-to-use teaching resources with specific instructions and tools to help you get the most out of the program
- Online training
- Video examples of lessons and games
- Family materials to email home
- Writable student handouts to print or email
- Assessment tools
- Program Implementation Guide
One Kit P&H $30.00
Two - Six Kits $60.00
Contact office if you are purchasing more than 6 kits